Friday, 1 April 2016

Pillar of Salt






Pillar of Salt - very photogenic dishes. 

However, flavours did not blow me away this time round. I was very anxious to order the pancakes after watching other tables get the beautiful stack. After my first few bites, although you may be surprised, I discovered that the dish wasn't sweet. Now I know the sugar of the strawberries should sweeten it and what not, but it didn't do it for me and it was not what I had read on the menu. With the tangy flavours of the fruit and the puree alongside the marscapone and buttermilk pancakes it just didn't hit that mark for me. I was expecting a sweet breakfast and was a little deflated afterwords. Despite that bit, I was hungry and it was good so naturally I demolished the lot.

The other dish is the Avocado with poached eggs with a side of sausage. Again, it did not really deliver what was read on the menu and the sausage was not worth $5 extra. 

Would like to try again - as they did do amazing coffee - but would order something else from the menu and will even ask the staff about the dishes.


Pillar of Salt Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment