Sunday, 29 June 2014

Down Red Spice Road

I have been to Red Spice Road on McKillop Street quite a few times and last night was the first time I have been back in nearly a year. It made me remember why I always wanted to return.


The great service and food with so much flavour you just want to keep eating and eating, it really is an awesome experience.












To start, we ordered us the lamb ribs served with an eggplant relish. These were definitely one of my favourites and still are. The meat is so tender and has such a lovely crisp coating, it would be quit easy to eat a few plates of these. The only complaint I have is that I definitely preferred these ribs when they were served with the chilli jam. I found that the eggplant flavour just didn't compliment the dish.




We ordered two mains to share. The first one we ordered was an all time favourite of crispy pork belly, apple slaw, chilli caramel and black vinegar. I simply cannot fault this dish, with such an amazing balance of sweet and sour it is so delicious. Try it for yourself, you will see why you cannot resist eating more!






This dish above, would have to be hands down the most delicious dish I have had in a long, long time. This was the beef short rib, with steamed buns, pickled vegetable and spice paste. I really think I could have eaten this all on my own but I was kind enough to share it. I would highly recommend this dish also.


Red Spice Road on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment