Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Longgrain on Little Bourke






QUITE a few weeks ago we visited Longgrain on little Bourke St in the heart of Melbourne CBD.

It was very full on this Saturday night but we managed to squeeze onto a pew at the bar and ordered some very lovely cocktails! They had quite the menu!


We ended up getting a seat for dinner.....at the bar after all that waiting!


We ordered and entree of caramelised pork, prawn, peanuts and sour pineapple. It was different, but delicious!



Following on from that we ordered two mains too share, one was a yellow curry with lamb and killer potatoes which was my favourite! And the other was something that I can't remember right now! Darn I hate that! Apologies for my poor memory.


Here are the photos of the dishes.


                                     






Overall, the service was pretty good, nothing over the top and as for the food. Well I personally was a tad disappointed. For the size and price of the dish, it was overpriced for the small portions we got. The flavours were really delicious, but I felt a bit let down with the price.  I unfortunately, will not be visiting Longgrain anytime soon. 

On a brighter note, spring is nearly here in Melbourne!




Longrain Melbourne on Urbanspoon





No comments:

Post a Comment