Monday, 20 May 2013

Take Me Back to Bistro Vue



I recently visited Bistro Vue, which can be found hidden among Little Collins street in Melbourne CBD.








With its low lighting and elegant interior my night at this restaurant was stunning to say the least. With an 8.45pm booking, my partner and I started in their small bar. With bartenders willing to make anything to suit your taste. For myself, I am a sweet wine drinker, not dessert sweet but more reisling sweet. They didn't have anything of the like on their extensive menu. Rather I was served a chardonnay (!) with a dash of peach liquer, it was simply amazing! Definitley something to try if you are in to fruity sweet wines.

The service was impeccable all night and the staff were more than happy to give us all the time to peruse their outstanding french inspired menu. All though some of it was not to my liking, not being a big seafood fan, I did find lots of dishes that suited my palate. Although, I did give the snails a miss this time!




I chose the french onion soup with beer and topped with gruyere cheese to start. Now I have made french onion soup at home, but it was very far from this! I could have eaten it all night, with its deliciously crunchy pastry topping and the flavours that seemed to get better with every mouthful. With the bread we were served, it was a great starter and a very suitable for the cold night we were experiencing in Melbourne!



Soft shell crab, celeriac and apple rémoulade, mojo sauce

This was my partners entree of soft shell crab. I did try this dish, and being a non-seafood lover, found it really really good. Which was surprising!

For main, I struggled to decide what to get. I am a big red meat fan, especially when it comes to excellent cuts of beef fillets. So when the table next to us recieved their Gippsland grass fed fillet I couldn't say no!

It came out perfectly cooked medium rare with homemade, square cut fries with a devine pepper sauce. All I can say is YUM!












My partner ordered the slow cooked secondary cut which was slow cooked beef and the cut was from the shoulder. It looked really good and I was told that it was super tender.





We argued over what dessert we would order as were both very full by this point but from what we could see getting served to the other tables, we couldn't decline! We settled on the tarte tatin. I have never tried one before so wasn't sure what it would be like.

It was so delicious, and it came out on a hot pan and was flipped on to a plate at out table. Served with fresh cream and a scoop of ice cream just for me, it was a great way to finish off our meal.



All in all it was a great night, and felt quite romantic being inside this fabulous restaurant. It was great service, excellent venue and the food was amazing. I have no complaints with Bistro Vue, although it was expensive, you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to service and food. I would more than happy pay the price all over again. I hope this didn't make you as hungry as it has made me!



Bistro Vue on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment