Monday, 15 October 2012

Anniversary at Maha



MY anniversary dinner at Maha was a very wonderful evening and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service especially. The experience at Maha was one of a kind and I am very much looking forward to going back.
 
 









At Maha they have a stunning menu, so naturally we decided to choose the degustation menu. Where the chef chose each of our dishes.

It started off with a sharing platter of bread, an oxtail broth which was served in a shot glass, pickled vegetables, olives, and nuts. I am a huge fan of sweet wines and asked the waiter to select something for me and they picked thee most perfect wine for my taste. It was a reisling and for the life of me can not remember the name! They wait staff at Maha were very helpful to meet any cutsomers needs.





We then recieved our entree dishes. One was a slamon dish (the left photo)with a crumbes outside. I am not the biggest seafood fan and had never tried salmon before but needless to say I was in love after the first bite. It was so tender and flavoursome!

The other dish was spatch cock, I also had not tried this type of meat before either! It was similar to chicken although it was a pinker on the inside, which if your naything like my kind of freaked me out as we all know chicken has to be white once cooked! But it was delicious and the flavours they included in this dish were amazing.
  





The mains were out of this world. The lamb ragout was simply devine, I am struggling to decribe it to you now! It came with toubouleh, and a small rice dish. Along with that we also had a fish dish that blew me away, especially for someone that was not a seafood person. It was so tender and had no fish taste whatsoever (which is something that puts me off)! This was also served with a fresh, crunchy side salad. 








Lastly we had dessert, which by this stage i was rather full! Although I did my best to eat half.

From left to right: rice pudding with salted caramel and dark chocolate sorbet; 4 ways of coconut included a coconut jelly, coconut mousse; and lastly was the most devine turkish delight donuts I have ever tasted!

Unfortunately I do not like coconut nor do I like rice pudding but I did enjoy the chocolate sorbet and my boyfriend eenjoyed having more dessert to himself!


I am sorry my descriptions are not very good, we visited Maha mid July this year and I am sure the menu may have changed since then and I did struggle to recap each and every one of the amazing dishes we have. In syaing that, I hope they have changed the menu because I would love an excuse to go back! It was a bit pricey, but it was definitely worth it for the quality of food and service. Quality over quantity is always a good rule to follow!



Maha Restaurant on Urbanspoon




No comments:

Post a Comment