Monday, 24 September 2012

the sharing house, South Wharf



When my mum came to visit me in Melbourne last week, I took her to this amazing restaurant along South Wharf, The Sharing House. I had never been before so decided to book a table and go based on some of the reviews I had found on UrbanSpoon...and i was amazed! From its modern, funky, retro look, topped off with the entire bar being made of lego, to some of the most delicious food I have ever tried to its friendly, helpful staff, it was ten out of ten all over!

With a great variety of smaller, entree size dishes as well as five or so large 'sharing plates' to choose from we struggled with choices! Some of the 'sharing plates' included an amazing Beef Wellington to a 1 kilo Tomahawk (which unfortunately was not on the menu that night)! Not to mention the selection of desserts, I was in seventh heaven! All of our dishes we selected came out looking superb and tasted even better.

If you enjoy a good cocktail, the menu at the Sharing House won't let you down! I enjoyed a delicious white rum cocktial with flavours of mint and lime while mum enjoyed an old favourite, a moscow mule.

French Camembert Fondue with vegetable sticks and bread

Cheese Croquettes with Honey Truffle (basically it was goats cheese in a crumb deep fried, simply delicious!)

Homemade Chickpea fries with homemade relish. How cute does this look!

Scampi Mac N' Cheese
My beautiful mum enjoying her cocktail!

The Ice Cream Man dessert, a gorgeous selection of ice creams in the tiniest cones I have ever seen!
Chocolate Mousse cake with salted caramel. It also had a biscuit like base that had popping candy in it! Was the best surprise in a dessert!


I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at the Sharing House and I will be going back! If your ever wandering around South Wharf, I would definitely suggest popping by for a meal and a cocktail or even just to see there awesome lego bar!

The Sharing House on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    https://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1656527/restaurant/Melbourne/The-Sharing-House-South-Wharf

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/12706/Melbourne/Imelda-Eats.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete